Digital Signature Enabled Telecom Selfcare Portal
Self Service Portals are becoming compelling option for customers today. Increased
competition has lead to more choices available to the customers at lower prices
prompting demand for enhanced customer experience. High rate of customer churn has
forced CSPs to rethink their customer service strategy and align their resources
with programs that will help them improve customer loyalty and acquire new customers.
These business imperatives have triggered an increased demand for world-class CRM
service providers having deep domain expertise and proven track record to ensure
- Customer care were restricted to call center which had limited knowledge band-width
- Lack of any CRM system to provide an interface between the organization and customer
base of 15.13 Million customer base using their landline, wireless, CDMA, Broadband
and internet services
- Long waiting time to request for new connection, complex paper work and changing
- Lack of any e-payment facility
- Lack of real time updates of payments
How we helped ?
MTNL (Delhi & Mumbai) wanted to provide a digital certificate enabled online
self-service customer portal to enable new, personalized services, while simultaneously
reducing the burden on its call centers. Using the Microsoft .NET platform, COMM-IT
developed an online portal for MTNL in three months-on time and under budget.
MTNL's Self care online portal runs on Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers. The portal
also employs COMM-IT 's architecture framework for building .NET applications. One
immediate business benefit: our framework enabled quick and easy personalization
for the portal, automatically offering services based on individual customer details
and interests, such as special offers and news bulletins.
Another innovative element of the solution was COMM-IT 's use of XML-based Web services
and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) to integrate MTNL's back-end systems and
corporate middleware. Web services and SOAP are rapidly gaining recognition as one
of the fastest and most economical ways to tie together legacy systems on disparate
platforms. Further, the COMM-IT solution will make it possible to exploit Web services
for external integration with partners-SOAP "calls" to and from partner websites
will allow data and even complete applications to be transparently exchanged.
- Secured by digital signatures, which also allows customers to fill in request forms
online and not wait in long ques.
- Customers can now check the status on their payments, discounts, new offers, usage
and change subscription services
- E-payment gateway enabled to make payments via credit cards. Third party payment
gateways can also be plug-in with the portal for customers convenience
- Real time update of the payment in the database
- Call centre integration helps to improve customer satisfaction
- Escalation report to the Top Management for better report handling